Monday, March 23, 2009

End of the honeymoon

Well the honeymoon with the Danish weather ended today. So far the weather has been basically pleasant everyday. We've had a lot of sunshine and even when it was cloudy it was still pretty warm. Today, however, that changed. It is currently about 36 Fahrenheit and raining and snowing at the same time, not perfect cycling weather by any measure.

It doesn't help that yesterday I crashed again, the second time in 9 days. It was completely idiotic too, I was taking off my cycling hat from under my helmet since I was getting too warm. Then soon after I put my helmet back on, but still when I had both hands off the bars I came out from the shelter of some trees and got hit by a 20 mph crosswind gust that just sent my front wheel skipping away from under me. I am not quite sure what I was thinking riding with no hands on a day that had 20 mph winds gusting up to 30 mph. Basically it was stupid. I usually crash about 3 times in a season. In the last month and a half I have now crashed three times. At this rate it means I am either going to have a really painful season, or I am done crashing for the year. I am hoping for the latter. I just need to remember to not be an idiot.

Oh well at least I have all day to ride and considering my crash yesterday its only for two hours, so I am going to wait it out and see if it gets better, the forcast seems to think it will be done before 5pm, so I may sneak in my ride then, before dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment