Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well at least its not raining....

....even if it was snowing. That was the view from the front window of my house this morning. It got me a bit worried, but actually by about noon the snow was basically gone and although I got hit by a couple of light flurries in the first hour of my ride, the day turned out to be pretty nice by Danish standards. It was like 36 and sunny after about 1 or 2pm.

As you can see today I actually went to the store and got a download cable for my camera, so this blog will have some visual aids from now on. Although I admit I'm pretty bad about taking pictures, so don't expect that many. While I was parking in front of the store to go buy said download cable I managed to completely ignore some signs and park in a space reserved for something or other. So in the half hour I was inside the store I managed to get a 510 DKK ticket, which is about $90. When I came back I looked at the signs and they clearly said that the space was reserved for something, I didn't really figure out what, but I was pretty clearly not supposed to park there. You'd think after living in Berkeley for 4 years with its "interesting" parking system, I'd have learned to look carefully at the signs, but no such luck. Oh well, you live you learn.

Tomorrow we have the team presentation where we get to ride our bikes onto a stage and then mingle with important people afterwords. Should be fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment