Monday, March 16, 2009

Porec Trophy

First we did a one day race a few days before a 4 day stage race.

The race started off super fast. There was a decent hill 10 min into it and I went waaaaaay too hard up it. I kind of torched myself there a bit so when the final break went I was in 5th wheel but choose not to follow it. I thought it was too big and I expected the pelaton to jump right on it. But of course they didn't and for the first time in a long time the break stuck at this race. Still, I was up there and active, but I just should have been a bit more relaxed in the first 20 min. It didn't help that I was the only one up there for those first 20 min but we were going so fast I am not surprised they couldn't get up there.

The last 20k were the most sketchy of my life, guys were all over the place and doing some dumb shit. Also we were gutter to gutter on this narrow road doing 30 mph. But amazingly no one crashed that I saw. I managed to find a team mate to tow up to the front and left him there with 2 k to go. Two of them ended up there but finished 20th and 21st. Still not bad considering we don't have a field sprinter. I sat up after 2k to go and finished safely at the back of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment